In order to file a simplified divorce both parties must meet the following requirements:
- There can be no minor or dependent children born from the marriage nor can the wife be pregnant
- If there is property, division of property has been agreed to and a written property division agreement must be filed with the court at the time of initial appearance
- You cannot have any unresolved financial obligations
- One of the parties must be a Florida resident for at least six months prior to the date of filing and your residency must be corroborated by a witness
- Both parties will be required to complete a marital settlement agreement
If you and your spouse do not meet all the requirements, you will not be able to proceed with a simplified divorce.
The 11th Judicial Circuit of Florida offers self help appointments and can provide a Dissolution of Marriage packet to you for only $65.00 + $20.00 processing fee. The filing fee for the divorce in the court is normally $409.00, however, they can give you a form to file for a fee waiver if you have a financial hardship.
Once you have the package we can proceed to the notarization of your divorce either in person or online.
E-mail or text me for more information on how to request the packages with legal forms from the The 11th Judicial Circuit of Florida self-help program.